Dino is a partner in the abuse department at Leigh Day and joined the firm in 2022.
Dino specialises in actions for child sexual abuse survivors and has recognised expertise in the following:
- Abuse in football and a number of other sports
- Abuse within religious institutions, especially the Catholic Church and the Church of England
- Abuse in the Scout Association
- Abuse in the military
- Abuse in private schools and state schools
- Abuse in youth clubs
- Abuse abroad
- Abuse in the family and directly against individuals who have taken advantage of their position of authority
Dino has appeared in a significant number of media publications providing his expert opinion and commentary, to include the BBC News and Radio, ITV, LBC Radio and a number of national and local newspapers to include articles for the Guardian and the Times. Dino has provided his expert opinion to a number of international media outlets and he also regularly provides external training sessions on child abuse law and conducts numerous charity talks every year. He has also provided comments for documentaries and books on a range of issues.
He has provided evidence to the Independent Inquiry into Child Sexual Abuse and has been asked to comment extensively upon the Inquiry by a number of national newspapers and other media outlets.
Dino has been recognised by the Legal 500 as a leading lawyer in the field of child sexual abuse cases, and in 2022 the following was noted:
‘Dino Nocivelli has worked with my organisation for many years, I have always found him to be kind, empathic, patient and knowledgeable. He is passionate about the work he does and the outcome for our clients. He wants to make the world a better, safer place for vulnerable people.’
Dino is a member of the Association of Child Abuse Lawyers.
Dino has campaigned and continues to campaign to change the law on numerous matters, to include:
- Mandatory reporting of child sexual abuse offences
- Extending offences by those in positions of trust to include sport coaches, and continuing to campaign so that they include activities such as acting, ballet and wrestling
- Double jeopardy for indecent assault
- Removing titles for convicted peers
- Ending the use of NDAs in abuse cases