In this edition you will find
- President’s Report
- Case Report from New Zealand by Sonja Cooper
- For Churches the only way forward is to look back and deal with the past by Simon Bass
- Cases involving street grooming and exploitation: Richard Scorer, Panonne LLP
- Lawyers can have un-redacted records, article by Peter Garsden.
- The Legal Aid Agency’s new stance towards applications in child abuse cases: Malcolm Johnson, Blake Lapthorn
- A brief history of and a guide to the Magdalen Laundries: Ali Malsher, Anthony Gold
- *Improving prosecution rates for victims of child sexual abuse.
*Taking on the church on vicarious liability has resulted in serious consequences for organisations looking after children.
*Do abuse victims deserve a better quality of life and can we help:
Articles by David Greenwood, Switalskis
- Confronting an uncomfortable truth: Not all alleged victims of false accusations will be innocent!: Dr Michael Naughton, Reader in Sociology and Law
- ACAL AGM notice
- Membership News: Panel Membership Guidelines.
Newsletters are available to members only. To view a copy online click the link – ACAL Quarterly Newsletter – October 2013 issue no 11 (pdf file)